Arrive in Boston
Northeastern University is located in the center of Boston, making it a convenient and safe place to get to through various modes of transportation.
A car service is great way to pre-arrange a convenient and safe ride from the airport to your final destination. OGS recommends Boston Carriage. Click here to visit their website and enter your reservation details. Use promo code HUSKY2020 for a 5% discount!
Tips for using Boston Carriage:
- Book your ride in advance as soon as possible to guarantee that there is availability on your date of travel. You will receive detailed instructions about where to meet your driver upon your arrival.
- Make sure to build in a 60-minute delay for clearing Customs & Border Protection and baggage claim after your flight arrival time.
- Traveling with friends or family? Consider booking a van instead of a car so there is enough room for your luggage.
- Expect “no-contact service” to decrease risk of COVID-19 transmission; this means all cars are outfitted with a partition between the driver and passenger area, the driver will be wearing a face mask, and vehicles will be sanitized before/after pick-up.
Ride-Share Apps, such as Uber or Lyft
- Download the app before you travel. You can log onto wifi at the airport to use the app and communicate with your driver.
- For travelers arriving at Boston-Logan Airport: After collecting your luggage from baggage claim, follow the pink/purple signs to the designated Ride App pick-up areas in Central Parking.
- Always check that the license plate of the car matches the information in the app to make sure you are getting into the correct car.
- Ask your driver to wear a mask and put down the windows for airflow to decrease risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Public Transportation in Boston
The Blue Line Subway services and Silver Line Bus Rapid Transit service to and from Downtown Boston. Public transportation is the most economical and environmentally friendly way to get around the Boston metro area. Click here for details on public transportation options from Boston-Logan Airport.
Download the Transit app before you travel! It is very useful as you will likely take public transportation frequently while living in Boston.
If your destination is Northeastern, board one of the free Massport shuttle buses (Route 22, 33, or 55 to “MBTA Blue Line”) outside your terminal. The Massport shuttle buses, which have storage space for luggage, will drop you off directly in front of Airport Station where you can purchase your CharlieTicket at the ticket machines inside the station’s lobby. Insert your CharlieTicket in the turnstyle to access the station platform. The Blue Line runs from approximately 6:00AM to 12:30AM every day of the week. Board the Blue Line subway car towards Bowdoin Station. You will go one stop and get off at State Station and transfer to the Orange Line. Board the Orange Line subway car going towards Forest Hills. You will then get off at Ruggles Station, which is located directly on Northeastern’s campus.
Arrive in Seattle
True to the spirit of Seattle, Northeastern's three campuses provide the perfect venue to foster innovation and collaboration on projects in a warm and inviting community.
Visit the Northeastern University-Seattle website for great tips on relocating to the Pacific Northwest, including directions to campus.
Arrive in Silicon Valley
With an inclusive campus strategically located in the Bay Area surrounded by many of the world's best tech companies—collaboration, innovation, and creativity permeates the air on campus.
Visit the Northeastern University San Francisco Bay Area website for great tips on relocating to Silicon Valley, including directions to campus.
Arrive in San Francisco
The metropolitan San Francisco Bay Area region and entrepreneurial job opportunities attract students from around the world. With close proximity to industry leaders, we are excited to overlook the heart of San Francisco on the 20th floor of WeWork 600 California Street.
Visit the Northeastern University San Francisco Bay Area website for some helpful tips and links to get you started with relocation.