New Student Forms (U.S. Campuses)

Instructions for requesting your I-20 for F-1 students
Change of Status Instructions
Data Form for Non-NU Visa Sponsored – NEW Students
Request to Comply with I-515A
Transfer-In Verification Form for J-1 Students


Current Student Forms (U.S. Campuses)

Certificate of Program Completion
Change of Degree Level
Correction of Status Instructions and Request
Data Form for Non-NU Visa Sponsored- Continuing Students
Finish Degree Online from Overseas
Graduate Research Abroad Authorization
I-20 Request – CPS Graduate Students Changing from Graduate Certificate to Master’s or Master’s to Grad Certificate
Intercampus Transfer Request
J-1 Student Interns
Medical Leave of Absence Request
Notification to OGS of Non-Medical Leave of Absence
Notification to OGS of University Withdrawal
Program Extension Request
Recommendation for Reduced Course Load – Academic Difficulties
Request for OLD I-20/DS-2019 Copies
Request for UPDATED I-20/DS-2019
Request for Re-entry*
*This form is intended for students requesting an Initial I-20 after a status violation, an Initial/Transfer I-20 after an academic dismissal, or for students returning from a leave of absence of more than 5 months and/or who are not eligible for Reactivation. If you can’t access your NU account via username and password, please request a limited access pin in order to access and complete the Re-entry I-20 e-form
Request to Return from Leave of Absence less than 5 months (if eligible for Reactivation)
Request to Comply with I-515A
Sample Invitation Letter
Switching to Permanent Residency
Transfer Out Request
Travel Signature Request


Employment (U.S. Campuses)

On-Campus Employment

F-1 Student On-Campus Employment Letter 
J-1 Student On-Campus Employment Authorization
SGA Social Security Number Letter Request

Curricular Practical Training

CPT Authorization Request Form
CPT Authorization History Request
CPT Update Form*
*This form is intended only for updates to existing CPT authorization – it is not intended for students who are requesting new periods of CPT authorization or who are trying to extend their CPT authorization for new academic terms.


Pre-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)

Pre-Completion OPT Application Form
Pre-OPT Verification Form


Post-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)

Post-Completion OPT Central
Certification of Program Completion (OPT and AT)


STEM OPT Extension

STEM OPT Application Form
Address Update Form for Students on STEM OPT
Employer Update Form for Students on STEM OPT
          **This form is to report a new employer while on STEM OPT
Request for Updated I-20 while on STEM OPT**
          **This form is NOT a request to obtain STEM Authorization
I-983 Updates and Final Evaluations
          **This e-form is to report material changes to your current employer
STEM Validation (6, 12, 18 and 24 months)
STEM OPT Issue Reporting Form
Request to Complete STEM OPT & SEVIS Record
Post-Graduate Admin Fee Refund Request***
***This is only for students who have paid the administrative fee to Northeastern and are no longer eligible to apply for OPT


OPT Cap-Gap Extension

Cap-Gap I-20 Request


Academic Training

Academic Training (AT) Authorization Request Form
Academic Training (AT) Update  Request Form


Off-Campus Meeting, Data Retrieval, or Observation Permission

Off-Campus Meeting, Data Retrieval, or Observation Permission Letter Request



Please see here for instructions to submit J-1 scholar e-form requests.


Canadian Campus Students

Canadian Arrival Questionnaire
Canadian Study Permit Update
Canadian Health Insurance Update


Contact OGS

If you can’t find what you’re looking for or have additional questions you can contact OGS via our Inquiry Form or one of the email addresses below. Please note that all requests for I-20/DS-2019 issuance must be submitted via an e-form.


Visit the OGS Service Portal to ask a question through the OGS Inquiry Form
J-1 Scholars may email [email protected] 
Current students studying at a Canadian Campus may email [email protected]