Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)
Both Northeastern University Toronto and Vancouver Campuses are Canadian Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) recognized by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship of Canada (IRCC).
- Northeastern University Toronto Campus’ DLI number is O141550844262 (begins with the letter “O”).
- Northeastern University Vancouver Campus’ DLI number is O142031583162(begins with the letter “O”).
All degree programs offered by Northeastern University Toronto and Vancouver campus are eligible for PGWPs.
In order to be eligible for a PGWP at the completion of their PGWP-eligible degree program at Northeastern, student applicants must meet the following conditions:
- have completed an academic, vocational or professional training program at a DLI eligible institution in Canada that is at least 8 months in duration and leads to a degree, diploma or certificate.
- have maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic term in the programs of study completed as part of their PGWP application. There may be exceptions to full-time student status for leaves of study and the final academic term, provided conditions are met.
- Students must submit their PGWP application within 180 days of securing a letter from Northeastern indicating that they have met all program completion requirements. Students can apply from inside Canada if a study permit is still valid; those who apply for a PGWP while their study permit is valid may be eligible to work whilst their application is adjudicated. If the study permit is expired, the application must be filed outside of Canada within 180 days of their program completion date.
How to apply for PGWPs
Please find an instruction on the IRCC website.