I want to request a

Studying under F-1 visa:

I-20 for F-1 students




Documents You Will Need:

When you’re requesting your I-20 or DS-2019 through the myOGS e-form, you will need to have the following documents prepared as .pdf or .jpg files:

  • A scan in color of the identity page of your passport
  • Financial documents meeting both your program’s requirements and living expenses. If you are submitting financial documents that are not in U.S. Dollars, please provide a currency conversion from a currency conversion calculator and upload it to the e-form.
  • Sponsor letter or affidavit of support (only required when your sponsor is a non-blood relative)

Additional Information About:


Financial Requirements

I-20 Updates for the Upcoming Term

As the semester is underway, we have been hard at work making plans to welcome our new international students to campus.

We know there may be disruptions to the I-20 and visa process, including consulate and bank closures, visa interview delays, and flight interruptions. OGS is here you to support you through the process and will be flexible wherever possible with your arrival to campus.

Important Information:

  1. Do not delay in submitting your documents required for issuance of your I-20. As soon as you have gathered all materials required, please submit your I-20 Request through myOGS. Instructions for requesting your I-20 can be found here.
  2. If you have any questions, please contact OGS through the OGS Service Portal or by calling +1-617-373-2310. We will work with you to keep you on track.

Helpful Reminder:
Be sure to check wait times for your local embassy, as some areas may be experiencing wait times longer than 30 days.

Highlights from Northeastern

Learn More