Graduate Research Abroad Process
In order to be approved by OGS for research abroad, you must maintain your full-time registration status at Northeastern University. Additionally, your overseas research project must be required to complete your degree.
What you will need in order to be authorized by OGS:
- Graduate Research Abroad Form, signed by your Academic Advisor, Graduate Program Coordinator or Authorized Secondary Approver: General Requests.
- Passport ID page
- Most recent I-94 record
- F-1/J-1 visa (if applicable)
Once you have compiled these documents, please complete this e-form.
- A letter from the institution where you are doing your research will not be acceptable
- You will need a new graduate research abroad I-20 with appropriate remark
- Full-time registration status must be maintained while abroad (see your academic advisor for registration information)