What you need when traveling in the U.S.

  • A valid passport. The passport should be valid for at least six months after your date of entry to the U.S.
  • Form I-20 (F visa) or DS-2019 (J visa)
  • Print your most recent I-94 which is your arrival/departure record

Any family members traveling with you who have F-2 or J-2 visas should carry the same documents.

Northeastern University requires all students and highly recommends that all faculty and staff enter their travel itinerary and housing accommodations into “My Travel Plans,” also called the “Travel Registry.”

This allows the university to communicate directly with travelers if unexpected events or conditions create circumstances that might pose health or safety risks. In addition, it enables on-campus resources and external support providers to better respond to students, faculty, and staff who may need medical or security assistance.