What We Do
The Office of Global Services (OGS) is an active resource for international students and scholars. We provide the professional expertise and support you need to maintain compliance through immigration, academic, and your employment experiences —helping you remain a valuable member of the Northeastern community.
We can help you with questions related to:
- Proof of Acceptance (POA) Letters
- Study Permit/extension applications
- Co-op Work Permit applications
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) applications
- Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) applications
- Work Eligibility: part-time or full-time; on campus/off campus work
- Cultural adjustments
We are NOT able to help you with
- Parent, extended family and or friends’ applications (invitation letters, application forms or documents)
- Questions related to Permanent Residence (including the federal Express Entry program and the Provincial Nominee programs)
- Other type of Work permits
- Being your legal representative or contacting IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) on your behalf
- US (United States) immigration or non-immigration visa (for the students who plan to transfer to a US campus, please contact [email protected])
- Prospective students’ inquiries
- Non-Northeastern Students inquiries
You may contact OGS Canada team by email: [email protected]
Please include the following information in your email: NUID, Full Name, Campus Location, Program Name & Program Start Term (e.g., Fall 2022). Inquiries beyond the scope of the service will not be responded to.
Resourses for incoming students
If you are a prospective student or you have confirmed enrollment but have not yet begun classes, please join one of our Weekly Counseling Sessions or webinars to connect with the International Enrollment Team about general inquiries.
We also host Pre-Orientation Events in summer for Incoming Students who are admitted to Fall 2022 term.
|Date||Time||How to join|
|June 9th||11 AM to 12 PM EDT||Event ended. Please click here for the presentation deck.|
|July 14th||11 AM to 12PM EDT||Event ended. Please click here for the presentation deck.|
|August 11th||8:00 AM to 9:15 AM EDT||Event ended. Please click here for the presentation deck.|