Defining Exchange Visitors
Exchange Visitors (EVs) come in two forms: J-1 Visiting Scholars or J-1 Visiting Students
Am I a Scholar?
- Visiting Scholar: Has a doctoral degree, holds a non-faculty position at another academic institution or non-academic institution, agency, or company
- Visiting Faculty: Holds a faculty position at another academic institution
- Benefited, non-tenure track position at Northeastern University (e.g. Postdoc)
Am I a Visiting Student?
- Must currently be enrolled in a degree program abroad (any level) at another institution abroad at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral level.
- At Northeastern University in a visiting researcher capacity.