I want to know about the visa process for:

F-1 Students

To provide time for visa processing, students are encouraged to apply for their visa as soon as they receive their I-20 issued by Northeastern University. U.S. Embassies or U.S. Consulates are able to issue F-1 entry visas up to 120 days before the program start date listed on your I-20.

Learn More

J-1 Students

Are you an international student participating in an exchange program with a government, organizational, or university sponsorship? If so, you will need to travel with a J-1 student visa.

Learn More

J-1 Student Interns

J-1 student interns are currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in accredited post-secondary academic institutions outside of the U.S. Whether you intern at a Fortune 500 or a start-up company, it is important for all J-1 student interns to understand how to maintain their status apply for a visa.

Learn More

Need to pay the SEVIS fee?

The I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee supports the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and the automated system that keeps track of students and exchange visitors-ensuring they maintain their status while in the U.S. Click here for additional information.