Do I need a travel signature?

A travel signature is an endorsement on your I-20 or DS-2019, given by a Designated School Official (DSO) or Alternative Responsible Officer (ARO), after screening your immigration record and academic enrollment to verify lawful status.

  • If you are on an F-1 visa, this is the signature at the bottom of Page 2 of your current I-20. A travel signature is valid for 12 months during your academic program, and for 6 months during Post-Completion Optional Practical Training.
  • If you are on a J-1 visa, this is on the bottom right of your DS-2019. A travel signature is valid for 12 months.

Request a Travel Signature

How do I register my travel?

Northeastern University highly recommends all students, faculty and staff enter their travel itinerary and housing accommodations abroad in “My Travel Plans,” also called the “Travel Registry.”
This allows the university to communicate directly with travelers if unexpected events or conditions create pose health or safety risks. In addition, it enables on-campus resources and external support providers to better respond to students, faculty, and staff who may need medical or security assistance.

Register Your Travel