What grades and English level do I need for Northeastern?
You need good grades in previous academic study that are equivalent to the minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) for entry to your chosen degree, whether you join a pathway or enter directly.
You can start with a Global Pathway program if your English level does not yet meet the requirements for a graduate degree. Your English proficiency determines the length of your pathway program, 1, 2, or 3 semesters.
Generally, we accept scores from any of the following English language exams:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
If you have advanced English proficiency, you may be able to join a graduate program immediately.
Each degree program has specific English language requirements, please click here to find your program of interest.
How do I send TOEFL scores to Northeastern?
1. Log in to your TOEFL iBT account
2. Select “Register for a Test/Order Score Reports” from your home page
3. Click “Service” as the Product Type and click “Continue”
4. Select the test date and click “Continue.” Search for your score recipient(s) and follow the remaining screen prompts
5. Request the TOEFL scores be sent from ETS to code 4999
How do I send IELTS scores to Northeastern?
1. Login to the website of IELTS test center where you took the test
2. Click “Apply” for additional TRFs at the left side of your result page and fill out an application form online
3. Choose the delivery method of “Electronic score delivery service”
4. Send scores to account name: Northeastern University, College of Professional Studies
5. Submit your application and pay for it
How do I send PTE scores to Northeastern?
1. Login to your account by visiting mypte.pearsonpte.com
2. Go to Activity and find the appointment connected with the score you want to send
3. Click on Send Score
4. Type the name of Northeastern University / College of Professional Studies and click on Search
5. Select your recipient
6. Click on Select Programmes
7. Review the selected programmes and click on Next
8. Review your details, then scroll down the page and click Submit Order to confirm
How do I send Duolingo scores to Northeastern?
Once you receive certified test results, you can log into your account, click on the “Send Results” button next to your test results, and select Northeastern University College of Professional Studies to receive your results.
Why was I admitted to Global Pathways?
You meet the general admissions and degree-specific requirements, but your English proficiency was not sufficient enough to be admitted in a full-time, degree-seeking graduate program at Northeastern. However, the Admissions Committee was impressed by your intellectual curiosity and believes that you have the academic and personal accomplishments to be successful in your chosen graduate degree program. Therefore, we are pleased to offer you conditional admission to Northeastern University based on successful completion of Global Pathways.
What costs will I pay to attend with Global Pathways?
To enroll, you will be required to pay a one-time, non-refundable enrollment deposit of $3,000. The estimated cost of tuition and fees for the 2020-2021 terms of Global Pathways is $15,200 for one semester, $26, 075 for two semesters, or $35,000 for three semesters. Additionally, students in their completing term will also be required to pay for a content course in their intended program of study. The cost of the content course will vary based on college and number of credits. The range of the costs is between $1,452-$3,280.
What courses will I be taking while in Global Pathways?
Offered through Northeastern’s College of Professional Studies, you will enroll in a combination of English and academic coursework. Academic schedules will vary by student, dependent on your chosen program of study.
Will I have access to Northeastern support services?
As a Global Pathways student, you will have access to the wealth of resources offered at Northeastern, including academic advising, tutoring, and student support services. You will have a dedicated academic advisor helping you throughout the program and beyond your transition to full-time graduate study. Additionally, you are encouraged to take advantage of all university facilities such as the Marino Center and become involved in campus organizations and events.
Will I have access to Northeastern housing?
While on-campus housing is not available to Global Pathways students, we recommend the International Guest House. The International Guest House residence is safe, comfortable, and has spaces to socialize with other international students. It is located in the highly desirable Back Bay neighborhood. For those who wish to find their own housing off-campus, students can use the Northeastern University Off-Campus Housing website to search for available apartments.
Will the credits I earn through Global Pathways transfer to my degree program?
Yes. In your completing term of Global Pathways, you will take a course in your future program of study. The course and its credits will apply to your degree program once you enroll.
Is Global Pathways a full-time program and will I receive an I-20?
Yes. Global Pathways is a full-time language program. Once you submit your enrollment deposit, you can request your I-20 and apply for your F-1 student visa.