Global Student Success and the International Tutoring Center are dedicated to providing international and non-native English speaking students, scholars, faculty, and staff with comprehensive English language and academic support. Sessions are offered in a one-on-one format in Boston or online. Online group conversation tutorials are also available.
Tutoring sessions are student-centered, meaning students can specify the type of help they’re looking for when booking an appointment. They can then choose a professional tutor who specializes in their area of need.
Creating an Account
- To create an account, click here.
- Click on “register for new account” and fill out the form, using your Northeastern email address.
- Then, check your Northeastern email for a link to validate your new account.
- Click the activation link in your email to activate your account.
- Next, click here, and enter your email address and password to log-in.
- Once your account has been created, to sign up for an appointment and view specific times and availability, click here.
- NOTE: In person appointments are now located in the Stearns Center, 2nd floor on the Boston campus.
- Meet with a tutor for 50 minute appointments.
- Tutors can help you with:
- Conversation, including pronunciation
- Career preparation, including cover letters, resumes, and mock interviews
- Presentation skills, including slides and timing
- TOEFL preparation
- Writing, including planning, organization, grammar, and citations