Toronto Campus Pre-Arrival Checklist
Thank you for choosing Northeastern University Toronto. We are looking forward to welcoming you to campus.
Before you arrive, you will need to take care of some things to make sure you are prepared to arrive in good health and to remain in good health so you can join us on campus as soon as possible.
Step 1. Indicate your travel readiness by submitting the visa/permit updates on the Study Permit Tracking Form here.
Once you have a visa/study permit approval, please complete the following steps.
Step 2. Students entering Canada must quarantine.
- First, there is a 3-day hotel stay required upon arrival, as of Feb 22, 2021. Details may be found here, and also on the FAQ page.
- After the 3 day stay, you will still need to quarantine for 14 days. Read the instructions regarding mandatory 14 day quarantine for international travelers to Canada here.
Step 3. Complete and submit your your 14-day quarantine plan, with signed attestation that you agree to comply with pre and post quarantine requirements.
Students who submit an incomplete or inadequate quarantine plan will be required to book accommodation through the quarantine option provided by Northeastern University. Please see the pdf that accompanied this checklist for additional details.
Step 4. Complete and submit the travel letter request form here.
Step 5. Send the following documents to [email protected]:
- Copy of visa/eTA
- Copy of travel itinerary or eticket
- Quarantine Plan with signed Attestation
- Copy of Proof of Health Insurance
Please note that travel letters will not be issued until these documents are received.
Once you have received your travel letter and booked travel to Canada, please follow these steps:
- Download the Government of Canada’s ArriveCAN app to facilitate entry to Canada.
- Northeastern University Toronto has engaged Red Car Service to collect and transport incoming international students and co-arriving family members directly to their quarantine locations. Book transportation here using the booking code ‘Northeastern20’. Please note that this transportation is provided at no charge to our students and their accompanying family members. The driver has been instructed to take you to your pre-arranged quarantine location, with no stops to be made along the way, in accordance with provincial quarantine guidelines.
- Complete the Arrival in Toronto form, which includes your date and time of arrival and flight information. You and accompanying family members will be met at the airport by our Arrival Team. They will provide a welcome package that includes masks for your entire group. They will also provide instructions to you regarding your 14-day quarantine, contact information for your key contacts at the Toronto campus, and information on COVID 19 assessment centres.
Please note that the pre- and post-arrival support provided by Northeastern University, including airport transportation and the services of the Arrival Team, are provided free of charge.
Consequences for Breaching Quarantine
According to the federal Quarantine Act and corresponding Provincial regulations, the consequences for breaching quarantine are as follows:
Violating any instructions provided to you when you entered Canada or failing to provide accurate information is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to up to:
- 6 months in prison and/or
- $750,000 in fines
If you choose to break your mandatory quarantine or isolation, resulting in the death or serious bodily harm to another person, you could face:
- a fine of up to $1,000,000 or
- imprisonment of up to 3 years or
The Contraventions Act gives police (including the RCMP, provincial and local police) more power to enforce the Quarantine Act. They can issue tickets to people who don’t comply with the act or the emergency orders. Fines range from $275 to $1,000.
A member of our Arrival Team will contact you every day during the course of your quarantine to seek information on your well-being and that of your accompanying family members, and to provide any information on the following subjects:
- Food and water
- Medical care, including testing
- Mental health supports
- Social supports
- Phone or internet services
- Environmental cleaning protocols
The Arrival Team will also be available to help arrange contactless delivery of required medication or other items in the event that you or an accompany family exhibits symptoms of COVID 19.
The following information will also be included in your welcome package:
Call if you develop symptoms.
Toronto Public Health Hotline
8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Call if you have questions about COVID-19. Translation is available in multiple languages.
Email: [email protected]
Outside City limits: 416-392-2489
Call if you have questions about City services.
Email: [email protected]
Call if you’re having difficulty breathing or experiencing other severe symptoms.
Please note that you will be required to provide confirmation of a negative COVID 19 test prior to being permitted on campus, following the completion of your mandatory 14-day quarantine. You are also required to complete a Daily Wellness check on the Northeastern University website.
In addition, you have to provide advance notice of intention to come onto campus and undergo a screening, including temperature check, prior to entry.
For more information, please contact [email protected].
Vancouver Campus Travel Checklist
Please check back, this information will be available soon!
Canada's Requirements for COVID-19
Quarantine Accommodations and Food Delivery Services in the Toronto Area
Quarantine Accommodations and Food Delivery Services in the Vancouver Area
Tips for creating a budget