As an F-1 or J-1 student, there is so much to learn, explore, and discover in the USA. And, we encourage you to do it all. But before you do, we will help you understand what documents you should carry with you when traveling within the the USA or its territories.

In general, F-1 and J-1 students are required to maintain a full-time enrollment status even in their final academic term. Learn the exception.

Want to work outside the USA? International students at Northeastern must first get the approval of the Office of Global Services. The Office of Global Services also provides some helpful tips on traveling abroad and re-entering the USA.

After traveling abroad, international students need the proper documentation to re-enter the U.S. Find out what they are.

During your time at Northeastern University, it may become necessary to take a non-medical leave of absence. The instructions for taking and returning from one are described below.

F-1 students who need a program extension must meet certain requirements, which are explained below.

J-1 and F-1 students normally must enroll in and maintain a full-time course load as explained in the “Basic Enrollment Requirements” section; however, USA federal government regulations allow international students to reduce their course load in certain limited academic circumstances.

See the world. One of the best reasons to study abroad. If you are a F-1 or J-1 student who will participate in a Northeastern approved study program, you will need to know what documents you will need before you plan your trip.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) new policy directed to F, J or M visas. The policy guidance holds that unlawful presence will begin accruing the day after a student stops pursuing a course of study or otherwise violates his or her immigration status.