What you will find in the dormitory room
- Twin extra large bed with mattress
- Two medium size drawers
- Integrated closet
- Desk and chair
- Desk shelf
- Side board for bed
Some housing requires you to share a bathroom with the residents living on the same floor (e.g. Stetson, Speare, White). In other dorms, you have a bathroom to share with up to three other people (e.g. International Village, East Village, Kennedy).
What to bring from home
- Travel documents described in F student visas or J student visas
- Evidence of the vaccinations you have received (you will need these for your health plan)
- Favorite clothing
- Winter coat, boots, and accessories (gloves, scarves, hats)
- Supply of medications you take
- Contact lenses/glasses if needed
- Electronics – laptop, phone, camera, iPads, iPod
- Adapters (i.e. Europe universal travel adapter charger converter to USA)
What you should buy in the USA
- Converters for electronic devices
- Comforter/duvet (a fleece blanket)
- Twin extra large sheet set
- One or two pillows
- Memory foam mattress pad
- Trash can and bags
- Desk lamp
- Bulletin board
- Laundry bag, detergent
- Shower caddy (a little basket for your toiletries)
- Clothes hangers
- Over-the-door hooks (great for your winter coat)
- Desk organizer
- School supplies
What you might want to buy in the USA
- Hair dryer, hair curler/straighteners
- Drying rack for clothing
- Iron/ironing board
- Handheld vacuums (large vacuum cleaners can be borrowed from the Residential Assistant Office)
- Boxes for under-the-bed storage
Please use the website of the Housing and Residential Life for more details of what to bring to campus.
What household appliances are permitted
Microwaves are not allowed in Northeastern dorm rooms. Refrigerators are allowed and may be purchased on your own. If you would like a microwave and a fridge, you have the option of renting or buying a “MicroFridge.” These types of appliances are accepted by Northeastern.
Where to buy
- CVS for toiletries, personal care, medication.
- Target for everything except bedding. Shop online and pick up at the store is an option.
- Bed Bath & Beyond for bedding. Shop online and pick up at the store is an option.
- Best Buy for electronic supplies.