Boston Public Schools

Primary and secondary education in the USA falls under the aegis of each state. The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education offers general information on the state’s education structure while the Boston Public School’s website has more practical information on how to register children for school.


While exploring childcare options, families can inform themselves at:

Resources for spouses/partners

Study at Northeastern

Spouses/partners with F-2 and J-2 visas may study part-time at Northeastern University. Please check with the Office of Global Services for details.

Related Articles:

Global Student Mentor Program

The mission of the Office of Global Services’ Global Student Mentor Program is to support incoming international students as they transition to college life at Northeastern and to the culture of the United States, to foster engagement with the Northeastern community, and to improve resource utilization.

Global Student Success

Global Student Success provides high-quality English language, academic, and cultural support to international and non-native English speaking students, faculty, and staff. With a strong commitment to advance cultural understanding, GSS continues to enrich the lives of the Northeastern community.

Massachusetts State Issued ID

Massachusetts offers three different types of State Issued ID cards: Driver’s License, Massachusetts ID Card and Liquor ID. For further information on how to obtain a State Issued ID and the eligibility requirements, please view the information below on the type of ID you wish to obtain.